Vetlink Employment Service

Full Time Vet Job Tasmania - 220,705LH2

Featured
New Graduate

LOCATION: Coastal Tasmania

TYPE OF WORK: 65% Small Animal, 25% Wildlife Conservation, 10% Large Animal

HOURS: Full Time

AFTER HOURS: 1:4 or 5 Rota

SALARY: Commensurate with experience

JOB NO: 220,705LH2

An exciting opportunity has become available for a veterinarian with a demonstrated commitment to general practice and wildlife health and conservation.

Both new graduates and experienced vets are encouraged to apply.

The role offers 75% mixed animal work, with the remaining 25% spent undertaking wildlife conservation work.

The clinical work is primarily small animal. The practice also services the local rural district and provides care to beef and dairy cattle, horses, goats and sheep.

The wildlife research component of this position will focus on the health and conservation of native species (currently platypuses, eastern barred bandicoots and southern brown bandicoots), under the guidance and supervision of the practice owner and in collaboration with Murdoch University Conservation Medicine Program. The work consists of live capture/examination/release fieldwork, laboratory investigation of samples, data collation and analysis. Fieldwork will involve field anaesthesia, examination, collection of blood, skin clip and faecal samples as well as external parasites and biopsies of skin lesions if indicated.

The clinic is located on a river estuary in a large, bustling seaside town with abundant birdlife, swimming beaches, coastal paths and beautiful picnic spots. From the town, you can access and explore all that this idyllic island state has to offer. In addition to the role offering the opportunity to work with wildlife, the location makes this an ideal base for those interested in a great outdoor lifestyle.

Vetlink is a free service for job seekers.

For more information, please contact:

Liz Wilson
Recruitment Consultant