Browse Jobs

Vetlink

Full Time Vet Job Tasmania - 210,578LH2

Job Title
Veterinarian
Location
Central North Coastal Tasmania
Type of work
65% Small Animal, 25% Wildlife Conservation, 10% Large Animal
Hours
Full Time
After Hours
Shared
Salary
$60,000 - $90,000 per annum
Job No
210,578LH2

An opportunity has become available for a veterinarian with a genuine interest in wildlife health and conservation!

Both experienced vets and new/recent graduates are welcome to apply.

The role offers the chance to work 75% of the time as a mixed practitioner; the remaining 25% will be spent undertaking wildlife conservation work. The clinical work is primarily small animal. They also service the local rural district and provide care to beef and dairy cattle, as well as the occasional horse, goat and sheep.

The wildlife work is mainly with the local platypus and bandicoot population. There is a focus on the health and conversation of these species under the guidance of the practice owner and in association with the Murdoch University Conservation Medicine Program. It is expected that the vet will work three days each fortnight in this capacity. The work involves live capture of the animals, examination and collection of samples before releasing them back into the wild. The samples are then analysed, and the data is collated. There is the potential to then be involved in the writing and publishing of papers in this field.

The clinic has up to date equipment and is well established.

The practice currently employs four vets and are seeking to expand their team.

Sponsorship (work permit) available for suitable overseas candidates. Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Veterinary Science (or equivalent) and be eligible to register with the Veterinary Board of Tasmania.

The clinic is located on a river estuary in a large bustling seaside town with abundant birdlife, swimming beaches, coastal paths and beautiful picnic spots. From the town, you can access and explore all that this idyllic island state has to offer. In addition to the role offering the opportunity to work with wildlife, the location makes this an ideal base for those interested in a great outdoor lifestyle.

Vetlink is a free service to job seekers

Contact Person
Denise Pernich
Email
denise@vetlink.com.au
Free Call (Australia)
1800 991 994
Free call (New Zealand)
0800 543 538
Free call (United Kingdom)
0800 917 8558
Phone
+61 452 425 994