Veterinary Degree Recognition - Australia
Vets with the following degrees are eligible to apply for registration as a veterinary surgeon in Australia without further examination:
- Veterinary degrees from Australian universities
- Veterinary degrees from universities in the United Kingdom
- Veterinary degrees from Massey University, New Zealand
- Some veterinary degrees from the University of Dublin – see www.avbc.asn.au for more information
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science from the University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Veterinary Degrees from American Veterinary Medical Association recognised and accredited veterinary schools (from the date of first accreditation). The applicant must have also passed the North American Veterinary Licence Examination or its antecedent, the National Board and Clinical Competency Test Examination
- Veterinarians who are a member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, UK by examination (rather than fee paying).
For vets whose degrees are not in the above list, a process of degree recognition may be required.
Please contact the Australian Veterinary Boards Council Inc for further information. www.avbc.asn.au (Skills Assessment).
Vetlink Employment Service accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the above information. For information on degree recognition in Australia please contact the Australasian Veterinary Boards Council.